Block Paving Driveway Maintenance
With any surface, a level of maintenance is required to maintain a good upkeep of the product.
- Sweep occasionally with a stiff brush to remove dust and debris.
- If you find green moss appearing on the surface, it can easily and without damage, be removed by cleaning with a mild detergent.
- We recommend that block paving is treated once or twice a year with a general weed killer. This will ensure all moss is removed on a long term basis.
- Use of a pressure washer should be limited to very dirty surfaces and no more than once a year, as the high-power water jet loosens jointing and may damage some paving.
- When the surface has been laid, a kiln dried sand is gently swept into the surface. Should the "gaps" reappear in time, then a gentle sweep of the kiln dried sand should be applied (sourced from any builders merchants).
Oil spills can be difficult to remove. We would recommend a product called LeoTack, which is applied with a stiff hand brush (please call to source the product). In extreme cases, blocks can be lifted and replaced.
For block paving driveway maintenance there are a wide range of sealants available to protect the completed paving and these can help to repel oil, dirt and weeds. Always try a test area first as most sealants will alter the appearance of the blocks.
Efflorescence on the Block
Efflorescence is a white crystaline deposit that occurs naturally on the surface of concrete materials. Unfortunately, with this being a natural process we cannot foresee this occurring. If it occurs, efflorescence may mask the colour of the product for a period of time, but tends to be washed away gradually by rain and day to day use.
Driveway Maintenance for Concrete and Asphalt Surfacing
To maintain the quality of asphalt, please adhere to the following recommendations:
- Do not park any heavy vehicles or anything with legs that could indent the asphalt.
- Any spillages area to be cleaned straight away, with a stiff brush and a jet wash (if available).
- Keep the area clean and tidy with frequent sweeping.